Posted on May 4, 2018
Motorcycle accidents are one of the major causes of ugly scenes on our highways and other roads. They are responsible for deaths, fatal injuries and life long disabilities. A sad to note fact is that such accidents have been on a steady rise as though nothing can be done to tame them. It is surprising how many motorcycle users fall prey to the same mistakes that have been causing accidents day in day out. What every motorcyclist needs to know is that the responsibility of reducing or avoiding motorcycle accidents all together lies with every individual that uses the motorcycle and the others who use the road such as motor vehicle drivers and pedestrians. Before you look at the other person for blame, look at what you can do yourself to stop the menace. Here are a few tips that you can use to avoid this annoying trend.
When you are riding a motorcycle on the roads, make sure that you are well visible especially by the motor vehicle drivers and the pedestrians. This is the best way through which you can reduce motorcycle accidents as each road user will be able to see you clearly. To achieve this, you should make sure that you use bright colors for your clothing when riding on your motorcycle. This is important especially when using the roads at night. You should also use your headlight to enhance your visibility.
Make Your Communications Clear
When changing lanes, taking on a new direction or slowing down to stop, make sure that the other road users read and understand your intentions well. This is where you will need to apply the correct use of your indicators and signals. Keep the correct lane position and make sure your brake light is functioning well.
Do Not Trail Closely
It is a risky behavior to follow other vehicles from a very close range. You never know what to expect from the vehicle ahead of you and you may find yourself in an uncontrollable situation when they brake suddenly. Also make sure that when you are overtaking, you keep a reasonable space between you and the other road user who you are overtaking.
Watch For Roadsigns
These signs usually do a good job in guiding road users. Ignoring them or dismissing the directions indicated on them is one of the most stupid things you can do if you are looking to avoid motorcycle accidents. You should keep within the specified speed limit of the section of the road on which you are riding and be alert for any sudden actions that could lead into a motorcycle accident. You should be always prepared to avert any sudden danger and avoid an accident.
Revise Your Course
Make it a habit of going through your motorcycle riding course more often so that the ideas will always remain fresh in your mind. This way, you will keep on refreshing your knowledge of riding your motorcycle and be able to avoid silly mistakes that can easily lead motorcycle accidents.
Posted on April 17, 2018
Removing rust from your motorcycle and the parts associated with it allows you to keep the bike’s quality and aesthetics intact. Preventive treatment to ensure an object from rusting again is essential. For these actions to be undertaken, you need to be in a dry area, you will need good products and plenty of elbow grease.
If you already have a motorcycle that is experiencing some rust issues, follow these helpful tips to ensure your bike returns to its former glory.
1. Cleaning – The first step in any cleaning process is to wipe down the affected areas. You can do this by using motorcycle shampoos with water and then take a rag and wipe off the area.
2. Removing the rust – To remove any present rust, start off by cleaning the etched surface. If it is a large flat surface, you can use a sander on low speed. The sander disc or strip should be equipped with a grinding wheel, just in case. Remove any loose paint that you see by using a normal household spatula (just don’t put it back in the kitchen when you are done). You can also remove rust with a wire brush on surfaces that seem irregular or are difficult to access. You always want to start with a wire brush or steel wool. After this step, vacuum the dust away before proceeding. Be careful that you don’t sand off or rub off paint, however, as this can leave ugly marks and patches on your bike’s surface.
3. How to remove rust – To clean a rusty surface, you can also use anti-rust products. They apply by brush or spray. They alter the composition of the rust and destroy any present rust and will also help deter future rust. These products often avoid tedious sanding and scraping of a rusty object.
4. Prevent the recurrence of rust – Treat your bike so you can prevent it from becoming rusty again. Many products prevent the recurrence of rust. Paints with lead oxide apply as a normal paint. We call them anti-corrosive primers. Other products can paint the metal, although it is still a little rusty. Also try covering your bike when not in use. While a motorcycle cover can’t prevent rust, it can help present excess moisture and harmful debris from collecting on it.
5. Regularly treat the rusted objects – Repeat this process of treatment about every two years on your motorcycle or earlier, if needed.
Regular maintenance and care can help reduce the amount of rust that collects on your bike. While motorcycle covers and rust resistant paint coatings are not cure-alls, they will help reduce rust that occurs as well as help make the cleaning process easier.
Posted on March 31, 2018
Boots for men is among the most popular fashion trends in recent times. There is an appropriate pair of these shoes with high coverage for men in every sphere of life. There is the correct pair for executive men, Eskimo boots to help through the snow, hiking boots that are excellent for tough conditions and those that can be worn to make a bold statement. Boots should be worn by those men who are confident and not afraid to take a few chances.
Men’s cowboy boots are great for cold weather. They protect the feet from frost bites and keep them warm. And since these boots usually come high up on the calves, they protect the legs partially as well. They can be worn with any kind of outfit, including jeans for casual wear and trousers for formal occasions.
Boots that are normally chosen by sports people are known as risk taker’s boots due to their hardy built. They can not only withstand rough weather, but are also ideal for protecting the feet from injury due to the thick leather out of which they are made. Eskimo boots are usually the best for very cold weather. You don’t even need to wear socks with them since the inside of the boots are lined with wool and covered with good quality durable leather that keeps the legs and feet warm enough.
Although no one thought Ugg boots would become a popular fashion wear, it has become a cult in international style due to celebrity endorsements like that of Kate Moss, Sarah Jessica Parker and Uma Thurman. The best thing about wearing boots is that not only is it comfortable and protects the feet, but it is also fashionable to sport a pair.
However, Ugg boots are now being promoted as men’s footwear as well. Celebrities like Bad Pitt, Harvey Keitel and Justin Timberlake among many others have been spotted wearing these Ugg(ly) boots. Originally created in Australia in the 1970’s for aviators to wear and keep their feet warm, and later adopted by surfers to protect themselves from hours of exposure to the cold waves of the sea, Ugg boots may be short for “ugly”, but they are being lapped up by the most fashionable elites of society at present.
Men’s cowboy boots are made by many companies in their distinct styles. Two of the most popular ones are the Hessian style and the Wellington style. They have a V cut along the center of the top. Horsemen are known to wear boots that come high up the leg and have considerable heels attached to them as well for maximum protection. A better version of such a boot was the Cavalier style that came out in the 1800s, with very high heels and superior quality of leather.
By the 1950’s the square toed boots were replaced by the round toed ones. It was the high point of cowboy fashion, complete with country music and rodeos. However, cowboy boots have been popular since before that time, and still is a rage among the world fashion scene.